Safe Communities offer consultation to individuals, organizations, and churches on child sexual abuse and related topics.
Organizations and Churches
Consultation ranges from one or a few hours to multi-month projects. A few examples of requests are provided below:
- A child sex offender began attending our church. Some members think this is fine, and others are very upset. Can you help us?
- Could you help us assess our facilities and practices to be sure we are doing everything we can to protect children and youth in our sports programs from sexual abuse?
- We just learned a 10-year-old boy has been sexually acting out with a younger girl at our summer camp. Should we just talk to both sets of parents or report this? Or both?
- We want to write a policy to guide all the congregations in our diocese (district, synod, conference) on inclusion of known child sex offenders in our churches.
- The consultation fee is billed at $150/hour for the prep time, the phone or Zoom call, and follow-up summary.
- Organizations that are looking for longer and multi-faceted comprehensive consulting can contact us for rates.
Our non-clinical consultation sessions range from a single one-hour session to six sessions. A few examples of requests are provided below:
- I am 35 years old and am suddenly experiencing flashes of childhood abuse by my father. I am not sleeping well and having panic attacks. I feel like I am going crazy because this can’t be true.
- The isolation during the pandemic shutdown has re-activated my past traumatic experiences. I need some new self-care and self-soothing tools. Can you help me?
- I’ve had years of counseling but am not getting anywhere. I don’t think my therapist can deal with my severe abuse history. Should I look for another counselor?
- We just learned our adult daughter was sexually abused by a relative during childhood. She is using drugs, homeless, and living with a violent partner. We don’t know how to help her. Can you guide us?
- The consultation fee is billed at $75/hour.
to schedule a consultation
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-560-9989.